I’ve been keeping a micro blog on Instagram for quite some time now. I’m pretty loyal and update it most days.
I’ve met lots of lovely, creative people through it and enjoy looking at a snapshot of life through a pretty camera lens. I’m a visual person so Instagram appeals to me on many levels.
A couple of months ago a lovely lady called Louise from My Little Loveable Space asked me to share ten things about me. Now of course, I initially planned to do it via instagram but then something made me stop and do it on my blog instead. You see I have had a little deal with myself for a few months now that I will ‘launch’ my blog in the autumn. Not many people know about it yet and I wanted to get into the swing of writing before shouting about it. Heavens, I didn’t even know if I’d be able to keep it updated – I’ve not been very good as it turns out!
I’m using my lovely planner from Blogtacular and trying hard to keep going. I love writing and taking photos so it seems silly not to.
Anyway I digress.
It occurred to me that the people who look at my instagram feed, and see a small snapshot of my life in a square, don’t know that much about me. So here we go, here are ten things:
- I am the oldest of four children and have two sisters, who are twins, and a younger brother. We are all pretty close but spread out a bit these days so don’t see each other as often as we’d like. We are as thick as thieves and totally loyal to each other though. I think that’s a common trait amongst bigger families in general. Christmas was always a really fun time!
- When I first graduated from university I worked in radio and had grand ambitions of being the next Fern Cotton. I loved every minute of my time with Heart FM and met lots of nineties celebs – including Posh and The Spice Girls. I was way to cool to get autographs etc though! Shame, I’d have quite a collection by now. I worked on the breakfast and drive time shows delivering travel bulletins and weather updates – it was a great laugh, but the early starts weren’t such a highlight!
- Staying with the work theme, I recently left the world of full time employment to work for myself. It’s something I’ve always wanted to do, and as my husband owns his own business he is highly supportive. It’s scary at times but generally I am loving every minute. I mean who wouldn’t when they get to do something they love every day?
- My best friend when I was 14 was Jess. We are still very great friends to this day and I try and see her when I can, even though we live miles apart now.
- Horses have always been a huge part of my life but as I’ve got older I have become more aware of the dangers. Yawn! I was totally fearless as a child and did get back into it a couple of years ago, but work took over and if I am honest I was a little fearful of a fall and having to take time of work. It’s a factor when you get older.
- I am totally mad about boxer dogs and have owned two in my life. My first was called Lucy and she was totally amazing. Sadly she developed cancer when she was just four years old and I was totally heart broken. She got me through some very difficult times and I never thought I could love another dog again. But crazy Izzy came along and licked away my tears when we rescued her back in 2011. She’s different from Lucy in every single way but I think that’s a good thing.
- I have been married twice. Does that surprise you? The first time was when I was much younger and to a guy who I had been with since I was eighteen. Those years’ were definitely some of the darkest days of my life but I don’t dwell on it now and feel things happen for a reason. Now I am married to the most wonderful, warm and loving man, and really couldn’t be happier.
- When I was a little girl I always wanted to live in barn. My Grandparents neighbour had converted her barn and I had gone to look around it when I was about six or seven. I was mesmerised by the winding stairs and the gallery landings – I blame all the Enid Blyton books I read and not that I was some sort of property mogul at six and half! Who would have guessed I would end up living in one as an adult hey. Isn’t it funny how things work out?
- Last year, totally out of the blue, I won a place on a floristry course run by Tallulah Rose Flower School. I had to write 500 words about what flowers meant to me and really had no idea it would be come to anything. Low and behold renowned flower writer Rona Wheeldon picked me as the winner and the rest is history. Until I did the course I had never designed any kind of floral arrangement in my life, but I had always loved flowers. I suppose I should have listened to my instincts earlier and given it a go. I think it’s pretty much my favourite thing ever and this summer I have had the pleasure of working as an assistant to Hannah Ricci of Bloom Fleuriste. It’s been brilliant fun!
- I’ve broken my nose about four times in my life. If ever there is going to be any kind of accident for me it will nearly always involves my nose. The first time was when I was about three, and then pretty much every year after that (it felt that way anyway)! I had horse riding injuries, a fall off a swing, an unfortunate altercation with a bathroom door! You name it, my nose has hit it. Fortunately it hasn’t done any noticeable damage – at least I don’t think it has anyway…
So there we have it – that’s my ten things Louse!
I hope it gives a little more insight into the life and times of Mrsjpage and if you’re a fellow Instagram fan do pop by and say hi!